The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix named to list of 100 Great Hospitals in America.
We are proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as an ANCC Magnet Hospital for the third time! We are an Academic Medical teaching facility, Level 1 Trauma Center, and Designated Stroke Center. Ranked Among the Nation's Best Hospitals for: Geriatrics, Nephrology, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Urology according to US News & World Report Ranking.
As the anesthesia tech, you will be responsible for the daily handling of staff needs regarding anesthesia gas machines and anesthesia monitoring equipment and non-controlled medications. This includes, but is not limited to, stocking of the anesthesia workroom, anesthesia carts, non-controlled medications, anesthesia supply closets in each OR, preparing IVs, invasive lines, setting up the rooms, assisting with room turnovers, collection of used equipment, cleaning of equipment, and restocking. You will work collaboratively with the anesthesia providers and other OR staff.
We currently have the following shifts available Monday-Friday:
10am-6:30pm, 6am-2:30pm and 8am-4:30pm
On Call and Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the care and maintenance of anesthesia supplies and equipment. Assists with invasive line preparation, placement, and monitoring. Maintains supply inventory for workroom and anesthesia carts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Maintains anesthesia equipment. Cleans, calibrates, and replaces soda lime. Monitors equipment for malfunctions, performs light maintenance or arranges for repairs. Performs safety checks on anesthesia equipment. Maintains clean and safe work environment; discards soiled linen and trash. May complete room setup, assemble equipment, and prepare procedure carts.
2. Maintains adequate inventory of anesthesia supplies and surgical supplies. Stocks and marks anesthesia carts. Stocks operating rooms and storage rooms/ carts. Assists with case turnover.
3. Assists with preparing equipment such as ventilators, suction, airway equipment, and fluid/body warmers. Assembles transducers, invasive lines, rapid fluid infusers, and specialty trays.
4. Assists anesthesia personnel with setup and insertion of invasive monitoring lines, catheters, temporary pacemakers and hemodynamic monitoring including cardiac outputs.
5. Assists with transporting and positioning patients. May transport specimens. May transport pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit to ensure equipment safety.
6. Maintains adequate levels of anesthesia medications, restocks drug drawers, monitors drug charges, and communicates variances to medical and nursing personnel. Monitors drug expirations and opened vial for outdates. Handles anesthesia agents and cylinder gases.
7. May provide business support to the department including performing administrative tasks.
8. Incumbents in the position anticipate the needs of patients and anesthesia staff based on scheduled procedures, patient age and condition and are often required to listen and communicate detailed issues. Responsibilities are typically within the department but may require assisting in other areas which administer anesthesia. Internal customers are patients, anesthesiologists, nursing staff, biomedical equipment staff, and materials management staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, equipment and supply vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required.
Must have 1 to 2 years of related healthcare experience and current BLS certification. Must complete the company Anesthesia Tech program or have equivalent training. Must acquire national certification within 3 years.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.