Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Casa Grande has a busy 6 suite surgery department. The cases include Robotics, General, Orthopedic, GYN, Urology, and Podiatry. As a Sterile Processing Technician, you will communicate with surgeons, nurses, and scrub techs to support patient care in the operating room.
Full time 40 hour/week afternoons available with call and holiday requirements. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care hospital located midway between Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz. The communities around Banner Casa Grande are experiencing significant growth and our hospital is growing with it. In the past five years, a $25 million expansion was completed. Departmental renovations and updates are ongoing, the newest addition being our Interventional Cardiology program. As the newest addition to Banner Health, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, you'll have access to a vast network of colleagues and expanded access to career opportunities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instruments including the cleaning, decontamination, instrument identification, assembly, packaging and distribution, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Decontaminates, assembles and packages all instruments following established protocols as well as perform necessary repairs, reassembles and stores specialized surgical instruments. Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
2. Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices. Staff will don proper Personnel Protective equipment (PPE), follows protocols for decontamination process referencing Instructions for Use (IFU) supplied by the manufacturers.
3. Identifies instruments for all specialties and assures proper function. Follows protocol for repair or replacement of instruments that are not functioning properly. Assembles and packages all instrumentation and sets according to dept. protocol. Utilizes equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and hospital policy.
4. Operates steam autoclaves, ETO and Gas Plasma sterilizers. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including the Ethylene Oxide Aeration Records, Sterilizer Load Records, and Biological Monitoring Records.
5. Responds to problem calls from the Operating Room and performs preliminary investigation. Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests and other hospital needs. Directs services in a competent and professional manner while assuring OR priorities are completed in a timely manner.
6. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor within two years of hire or transfer.
Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.