Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant to join our Med/Surg team.
- Med/Surg 5 - Surgical
- Postoperative patients recovering after orthopedic, Spine, Plastic Reconstructive, urological or general surgical procedures, patients with medical diagnoses.
- Med/Surg 6 - Psych
- Med/surg 6 cares for patients with acute medical, surgical, cardiac, and respiratory conditions. It is a dynamic environment rich with opportunities for learning. Staff is very collaborative and energetic and believes in team work to reach the best patient outcome. The unit is designed to provide high quality, personalized care for patients. We use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is patient centered and encourages teamwork between nursing staff, physicians, therapy teams, social work, care coordination, and pharmacists. Opportunities to get med/surg, pain management, ortho, and/or neuro certified.
- Performs various patient care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- Documents information in patient record.
- Performs various direct patient care activities under direction of licensed patient care provider.
- Communicates information with patient care providers and other nursing staff members to facilitate patient care.
- Assists physicians and other nursing staff members with procedures as appropriate.
- Performs tasks and procedures as ordered by the physician or licensed provider consistent with approved protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Performs tasks that require a unique body of knowledge and skills for that area of service.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: None
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Current CNA Certification in the State of Practice
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.